JOIN | RENEW
Regular Membership - $175
Individual members who are management and/or supervisory professionals of volunteer services, or related disciplines, and actively employed in a healthcare setting, or in a setting where healthcare services are provided.
At-Large Membership - $50
These members are volunteers or auxilians in a hospital or healthcare setting and do not hold a paid position as a DVS or gift shop manager.
These members will pay a discounted rate off the standard Society dues. They will have no voting privileges and may not hold office.
Vendor Membership - $400
Individuals who are consultants, manufacturers, and/or vendors should consider Vendor membership. You will receive access to our monthly newsletter, DVS toolkit, membership directory and our career center. You will also receive discounts on conference registration, online marketing, and much more.
Retired, Transitional and Full-Time Students Membership - $50
When requesting membership in this category, please submit the application and written request to email@example.com.
Please note that members may cancel their membership at any time, but dues will not be refunded nor is membership transferable.
An applicant may be admitted to membership at anytime during the year upon paying annual dues. Under cycle billing procedures, dues will be billed again 12 months later, not on a calendar-year basis. AHVRP deposits the enclosed funds remittance (pending application approval), and in the event the application is not approved, AHVRP will promptly refund the remittance. Your dues must accompany your application.
- DVS, RETAIL and HOSPICE LISTSERV® – These forums offer you a chance to exchange ideas and benefit from the experience, knowledge, and wisdom of your peers. You can improve your communications and receive immediate answers to your questions.
- Webinars – Receive FREE webinars in 2018 and earn free CEU's for your participation on these calls.
- Member Directory – Gain access to a searchable membership directory. Find people and their contact information in your state, or someone you met at a conference.
- AHA Affiliation – Access to the Members Only section of the AHA website.
- Access to the world's largest collection of hospital literature through the AHA Resource Center.
- Member discounts on more than 300 publications and AV resources, available through the AHA Member Resources, Publications and Products Catalog.
- The opportunity to partner with other personal membership societies of AHA on a variety of projects and issues of mutual interest to the groups.
Receive discounts on:
- Certified Administrator of Volunteer Services (CAVS) – Testing and Renewals
- Annual Conference registration
Award for Excellence – Members with a minimum of five years as an AHVRP member, are eligible to receive this prestigious award recognizing their exemplary service and contribution to AHVRP and the profession of Healthcare Volunteer Management.
The Extraordinary Program Award recognizes unique and original programs that demonstrate substantial benefit to recipients, to the health care organization and to the volunteers providing the service.
The Traditional Excellence Award recognizes seasoned volunteer programs that were invigorated and taken from good to great. These programs demonstrate substantial benefit to the recipients, to the health care organization and to the volunteers providing the service.
The Retail Excellence Program Award recognizes retail excellence in healthcare systems, hospitals, long term care or hospice organizations.
Please contact Todd Ross at 312-422-3937.
AHVRP Member Spotlight
Kelly Anderson, RN
Director of Volunteer Services
Charleston Area Medical Center, Charleston, WV
In addition to the standard questions, we asked Kelly about her first experience at conference after being in her new position for only five months…although she’s been a nurse for 30 years:
“It was my first time attending the Conference, but it definitely won’t be my last. Being a nurse, it was definitely on the same level of quality as nursing conferences I have attended. The Principles course was amazing! Eileen (McConville) is a rock star and I feel like I learned so much just in those eight hours. So glad I did it.
I met some great people that I intend on keeping in touch with throughout the year to bounce ideas off of, or to call screaming if having a bad day. Although, in five months in this job, every day has been pretty amazing!
I learned some wonderful ideas and processes that I can quickly put into practice with little to no effort. That was awesome! Other ideas will take some more planning and time to implement, but I have them on my long term goal list!
I absolutely loved the conference and look forward to next year!”