The Traditional Excellence Program Award recognizes a seasoned, traditional volunteer program that has undergone a modification or was given a new twist by a DVS, manager or coordinator, that resulted in achieving exemplary results, and has demonstrated substantial benefit to the recipients, to the health care organization, and to the volunteer(s) providing the service.
To qualify for the Traditional Excellence Award, programs will have been in operation for at least five years, will exemplify one or more of the areas below and should be referenced in the submission narrative.
Promoting a Caring Environment -- A program designed to reduce the anxiety of patients and family members, to enhance the social and/or cultural environment of the health care organization, to improve the understanding of the organization and its service, or to heighten the sensitivity of staff to the dignity of patients and their families.
- Change Management - A program designed to reflect sociological changes in the health care organization including changes in patient populations, changes in types of services offered, or new volunteer services to enhance patient services.
- Health & Wellness - A program designed to educate and encourage patients and others to exercise increased responsibility for personal wellness.
- Volunteerism – A program designed to promote the philosophy of volunteering and/or raise the morale of volunteers.
- Recruitment/Recognition - A program designed to encourage individuals to become volunteers or to recognize outstanding volunteer activities.
- Fundraising – A program designed to raise monies to enhance patient care or increase visitor or staff amenities in the facility.
- Special - Exemplary volunteer program/service that does not fall within the other six categories.
This award is open to all AHVRP members and the health care organizations they represent. If selected, AHVRP will honor the Traditional Excellence Program Award recipient at the 50th Annual AHVRP Conference & Exposition Recognition Breakfast, Sunday, September 30, 2018, Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Rosemont, Illinois. The recipient will receive one 2018 AHVRP conference registration(non-transferable), an award and notification to senior leadership of the recipient's organization.
All entries must be submitted by Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 11:59 p.m. CT.
Click here to submit your nomination. Nominations have closed for 2018.