- Beyond what is usual, ordinary, regular or established
- Unique and original
- One that demonstrates substantial benefit to the recipients, to the health care organization and to the volunteer(s) providing the service
- One that involved an AHVRP member during planning and implementation.
- Nominations for the Extraordinary Program Award will have been in operation for at least three years and will exemplify one or more of the areas below:
- Promoting a Caring Environment -- A program designed to reduce the anxiety of patients and family members, to enhance the social and/or cultural environment of the health care organization, to improve the understanding of the organization and its service, or to heighten the sensitivity of staff to the dignity of patients and their families.
- Change Management -- A program designed to reflect sociological changes in the health care organization including changes in patient population, changes in types of services offered, or new volunteer services to enhance patient services.
- Health & Wellness -- A program designed to educate and encourage patients and others to exercise increased responsibility for personal wellness.
- Volunteerism – A program designed to promote the philosophy of volunteering and/or raise the morale of volunteers.
- Recruitment/Recognition -- A program designed to encourage individuals to become volunteers or to recognize outstanding volunteer activities.
- Fundraising – A program designed to raise monies to enhance patient care or increase visitor or staff amenities in the facility.
- Special -- Exemplary volunteer program/service that does not fall within the other six categories.
This award is open to all AHVRP members and the health care organizations they represent. AHVRP will honor one Extraordinary Program Award recipient at the 48th Annual AHVRP Conference & Exposition, Recognition Breakfast, Sunday, October 9, 2016, Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia. Each recipient will receive a conference registration to attend the 2016 conference, an award along with notification to the senior leader of the recipient's organization.
All entries must be submitted by July 15, 2016.