As I reflect back on my year as President of AHVRP, I can’t help but reflect on our conference theme “Golden Opportunities: Patients, Community, You!” What a wonderful year it has been serving as your President. In my role I have had the opportunity to work with such an amazing group of individuals serving AHVRP.
- The AHVRP Board- I still remember the day I was introduced as a board member at large, and how I was in awe of those talented leaders before me. I secretly wondered if I had bitten off more than I could chew and if I would make a valuable contribution. I was scared, but I will never forget how quickly the board took me under their wing and I knew I had made the right decision. Never did I imagine I would have the wonderful honor of serving as its President. Trust me when I tell you, the board is where the magic happens. I was honored to have the most magical group to work with.
- AHVRP Staff-We are so fortunate to have such dedicated staff to support AHVRP! Ursula and Todd are such advocates for our profession, and I am thankful we have them on our team to share the message of our mission and vision!
- AHVRP Committees-Wow! Have you looked at the talent we have serving on our committees? I am so thankful for each and every one of you who have made the decision to serve in this capacity. We accomplished so much this year and it is because of your great work…thank you!
- Annual Conference Planning Committee-If you didn’t get to see first-hand the talent we had sharing their expertise, I hope you will trust me that they were outstanding! What a wonderful committee we had creating the most memorable conference. Thank you for giving your time and talents to AHVRP.
- Volunteer Advisory Council-What a wonderful, dynamic group! You have made amazing progress this year as you chart your course for the future. Thank you for having the heart to serve and to spread the message of volunteerism in our hospitals and communities.
- You, the members-Thank you for your diligent service to our institutions, volunteers and our communities. I am in awe of you and all you do, the programs you create and the way you make the magic happen!
While I was the person serving as the President of this wonderful organization, it was really all of YOU who make up AHVRP. Without YOU we couldn’t be what we are without your time, talent and treasures. Organizations are only as good as their members and YOU are what makes AHVRP priceless! As we head into 2019, I hope you will think about how you can take advantage of those Golden Opportunities, and continue to invest in AHVRP through the ListServe, committees and perhaps placing your name on the ballot for one of the elected positions.
Thank you for the wonderful memories and new friendships I have made this year. It is because of YOU that I was able to serve as your President. Wishing you all a Wonderful Holiday Season and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
2018 AHVRP President