Memorial Day has past, Summer has begun and we’re now getting ready to celebrate 4th of July. I had an amazing time at the recent WADVS conference(picture with Mary McCormack, Yo Voigt, Shirley Iczkowski , Jan Molaska and I). There are so many events this Summer which we want to ensure you participate in. Here’s your June checklist, Top 10 To-do’s:
- Submit a nomination for one of the 2017 AHVRP Awards-deadline is Monday, June 26, 11:59pm(CST).
- Cast your ballot for the 2018 Slate; if you are not able to cast your ballot or the ballot is stuck in your spam or junk folder, contact Todd Ross, email@example.com immediately. Deadline to cast your ballot is July 7, 11:59 p.m. (CST).
- Register for one of the many AHVRP Webinars which count toward your CEUs for CAVS certification.
- Register for the 49th AHVRP Conference and purchase a ticket to attend RAWHIDE, sponsored by Masquerade!
- Register for one of the many retail sessions sponsored by International Market Centers, July 30-August 2, including the Retail Symposium here, Contact Sarah Jones SJones@imcenters.com with questions. Registered buyers only please.
- Register to attend AmericasMart and hear keynote speakers Nate Berkus, July 13 or Sarah Jessica Parker, July 15. Contact Sarah Hilton firstname.lastname@example.org for details on “The Mart.” Registered buyers only please.
- Recognize an exceptional volunteer or auxilian and reward her/him with a gift of AHVRP at-large membership.
- Share your amazing best sellers, best vendor, with AHVRP so the vendor can be invited to come to Phoenix. Simply forward the vendor name, best seller item, key contact name and email address to email@example.com.
- Contribute to one of the AHVRP ListServs as a Thought Leader and post a position description, best practice, policy, sample report so everyone can benefit from your expertise. Not on the ListServ or forgot how to access this #1 AHVRP Member Benefit? Contact Todd Ross, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take 5 minutes at the beginning of your work day and at the end of your workday and reflect on the accomplishments you’ve made in the lives of others. Jot down these accomplishments in a Word document, electronically in your SmartPhone or in a journal. Your mid-year review, your end of year review will be here before you know it. Celebrate daily and capture your thoughts while they are fresh in your mind! You’ll be glad you did!
Ursula Pawlowski, MSHR
Governance and Operations Manager, AHVRP